1-Year Warranty Inspection Service
There are many perks to building your dream home. One of the most important benefits is that a 1-year warranty covers you and your investment from any issues that may arise over the course of the first year.
Make sure you take advantage of this by having your home inspected by a licensed, professional home inspector.
What is a 1-Year Warranty Home Inspection?
Most builders provide you with a 1-2-10 warranty with the purchase of your new home.
- 1 – This gives you a 1-year warranty on most items in the home, per builder guidelines and based on certain levels of acceptance.
- 2 – Select appliances will have a 2-year warranty.
- 10 – The home foundation comes with a 10 year warranty.
The warranty period, covered items, and other guidelines will vary by builder so make sure you confirm details of your warranty.
Regardless of your warranty details, our home inspectors will perform a complete inspection of the entire property. We will inspect the home’s HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Roof, Interior, Exterior, Appliances, Attic and much more. Specifically, we look for:
- Safety Issues
- Under performance of your systems and appliances
- Plumbing failure
- Water damage
- Structural movement
- Cosmetic issues
We encourage you to be present for the home inspection. This is your opportunity to discuss any of your worries and questions about the home that you’ve noticed over the past year. All of the inspection findings will be documented in a thorough report, with pictures, that you can present to your builder. The findings and deficiencies that are covered under your warranty should be repaired or updated by the builder and at no cost to you.
When should I schedule the 1 year warranty inspection?
We recommend scheduling your inspection 10-14 days before your 1-year warranty expires.
- Schedule Online
- Schedule by phone – (512) 587-0726
- Up to 3 morning and 3 afternoon time slots available each day
- Saturday appointments available
Call us with any questions or to schedule your home inspection – we look forward to working with you and your family!